I was inspired to create a Winter Bucket list by a group of bloggers (thanks Christie Hawkes) who regularly share their seasonal lists. They take a slightly different approach to their bucket list as it’s focused on just the three months of the season and therefore more specific and short term. I was pleasantly surprised in looking back that by being bold and putting my Winter/Holiday list out there for the world to see resulted in a lot of completions. What a way to ensure some accountability!
From my Winter List, I executed all my Holiday Traditions – new & old. My Live Life elements were also executed almost to completion. The successful “Kick cancer” took a bit more out of me than anticipated so the “get up to 5 activities a week” wasn’t completely realistic. However, the regular physical therapy certainly helped my recovery (thanks to C & S for recommending that). Life Domains actions were also almost all completed as I took the physical downtime to do some great reflection, choosing a word of the year, joining new blog link-ups, and engaging in more blogging than I anticipated.
Given the success of my Winter Bucket List, I’m doing one for Spring! Even if Mother Nature has not read the calendar, giving us freezing cold and snowy days in mid-to-late March, I am declaring it is time for focusing on some new, fun spring activities.
My Spring Theme – 10 New Things to help me Soar.
- Healthy Living
- Expand healthy cooking – try Hello Fresh eating program, make roasted root veggies, and make something new with my (Christmas gift) Kitchen Aid mixer.
- Try meditation (with Oprah Podcast), try new moon rituals, and explore Tarot cards.
- Restart regular yoga classes.
- Out & About
- Get up to 5 activities per week – walk & talks, SUP, Mini Adventures (Zoo Blooms, SummerFair, OTR Tour), Doggie dates, Zumba
- Try 5 new restaurants!
- Explore Road Scholar and birding Meet-ups
- Plan next Florida trip and restart travel planning (Iceland?)
- Home Organization
- Set up office (winter item carryover), set up all bills on auto-pay, and paper file clean up
- Create garden space in new house – mulch beds and plantings
- Sit outside on porch and patio (which requires me to set them up with comfy furniture).
I’m feeling like a butterfly awakening from a long winter’s cocoon…ready to fly/soar.
What’s on your spring bucket list?